By Danielle Debley
Mother’s Day is a day to celebrate that amazing woman in your life who has been there for you through thick and thin. Whether it’s your birth mother or someone who has stepped into the roll with all love and grace, here are a few fun and local options for gifts and activities this year.
Pamper Your Mom
What special lady doesn’t want to be pampered a bit? A gift card or a mother daughter day to a spa is a fun idea.
• Elements Massage in Camp Hill offers five types of massage services and fun add-ons like aromatherapy too.
• Make your gal an appointment at Changes Day Spa where she can get a Spa Manicure or Changes Signature Pedicure.
• Grab a gift card to Citrus Skin Studio in Hershey where mom can indulge in one of its life-changing facials!
A Gift That Sparkles
Diamonds are a girl’s best friend, right? This Mother’s Day, pick up a special gift that will sparkle just as brightly as her eyes.
• Munn’s Diamond Gallery offers all types of glitz and glam that may appeal to the woman you find just as glamorous! You can also check out Mountz Jewelers for a sparkly little gift.
• Search for some personalized necklaces for mom such as one that has the birthstones of each of her kids. You can find a pretty one through TheresaRose’s Shop on Etsy.
Fun Night Out
Some moms just don’t want any more things! Instead of a gift you think she secretly may never use, plan a fun day out.
• Try something new with mom like Spritz and Splatter in Mechanicsburg. Make a date to take her to a public paint night.
• Take her out for a night at the theatre. If she loves to laugh, the unabashedly risqué comedy, Avenue Q, is playing at Theatre Harrisburg until May 12. If she loves music, Open Stage of Harrisburg is showing the classic musical Ragtime from May 25 to June 16.
Take the classic approach and dine at some nice restaurants in the area.
• Harvest Seasonal Grill & Wine Bar in the Shoppes of Susquehanna offers a delicious, locally sourced, farm-to-table menu for every season. With wine to pair, you and your mother will have a great time wining and dining.
• Devon Seafood & Steak in Hershey will be sure to get your mouth watering. Treat mom to the best of land and sea with brunch, lunch, and dinner options.
You can’t leave chocolate off the table for Mother’s Day. Grab something sweet at one of these local shops.
• Stop on over to Matangos Candies and grab their hand made, delicious chocolates and signature caramels.
• Chocolates by Tina Marie offers fun little treats that everyone will love!
• Don’t forget about Zimmerman’s where you might be able to find that old time candy she used to love.
What woman doesn’t love a beautiful flower arrangement? Pick up some beautiful blooms for mom this year.
• Blooms by Vickrey offers over 20 specialized Mother’s Day bouquets to choose from. Pop over to their site and place your order!
• Stop by Pamela’s Flowers in Enola for some beautiful springtime arrangements to brighten up any mother’s day.