Walking distance from Dickinson College and just a few minutes walk from all of Carlisle’s downtown hot spots, Grazery is the perfect place to grab a delicious and healthful meal with a Greek flavor while taking in all that Carlisle has to offer.
Grazery may be new, but owner Maria Ntzanis is not new to the restaurant industry. In fact, her family owns such Harrisburg staples as Phyllo, located inside the Broad Street Market and Midtown Tavern, on N. 2nd St.
Ntzanis is committed to serving “food we eat at home.” After spending 12 years in Greece, Ntzanis returned to the Midstate with delectable recipes following the Greek tradition.
The newly-opened Grazery follows Ntzanis’ Greek influence, including ingredients like olive oil, traditional Greek salads and light Mediterranean fare. Grazery does offer specials that change daily, emulating the best of local, fresh ingredients so expect this menu to change as the seasons change. “We try our best to use local and fresh ingredients and as much as we can, seasonal,” says Ntzanis.
Top 3 Must-Sample Small Plates
1. Avocado Boats: Mediterranean mayo-free tuna salad riding in
fresh avocado halves.
2. Stuffed Eggplant: Roasted eggplant stuffed with caramelized
onion and carrot.
3. Oven Bruschetta: Toasted ciabatta with feta, tomato, bacon and
Top 3 Savory Sandwiches
1. Mellow Bird: Smoked turkey breast, crispy bacon, avocado,
pickled red onion, tomato and zesty mayonnaise on artisan bread.
2. Greek Pita: Pulled seasoned lamb, house-made tzatziki, tomato,
red onion and lettuce wrapped in toasted pita bread.
3. The Italian Job: Smoked ham, fresh mozzarella and provolone
resting on house-made tangy olive salata toasted on ciabatta.
Top 3 Must-Try Salads
1. Orzo: Orzo pasta mixed with seared kale, roasted squash and toasted
walnuts in honey-balsamic vinaigrette.
2. Cabbage Patch: Finely sliced white cabbage, carrot, celery,
red pepper, red onion, scallion, parsley and a hint of garlic mixed in
with apple cider vinegar and olive oil.
3. Spring Me Up: Spring mix, blue cheese crumbles, toasted
almonds, dried cranberries & house-made croutons tossed in a
Grazery (156 W. High St., Carlisle) is open 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Saturday,
closed Sundays. For takeout orders call (717) 249-4310.
Look for their catering menu coming soon. grazerycarlisle.com