(Image by Alex Lau)
(Recipe by Brad Leone)
Maple-Ginger Cider Switchel
• 1 5″-piece fresh ginger (about 6 ounces)
• ½ cup apple cider vinegar
• 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
• 4 cups water or club soda
• Mint sprigs (for serving)
Pass ginger through a juicer (you should have about ⅓ cup). Combine ginger juice, vinegar, maple syrup, and lime juice in a large pitcher and stir until maple syrup is dissolved. Chill until cold.
To serve, dilute with water and pour switchel into ice-filled glasses; garnish with mint.
Do Ahead: Base can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.