Work Size: 2:3 portrait (vertical) ratio only 2D media accepted.
- Submitted entries must be sent digitally by May 8, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
a. Artist name and contact information.
b. Clear photo of the art.
c. Dimensions of the art.
d. Medium used to create the piece of the art.
e. The agreement for the submission can be found at www.harrisburgmagazine.com/call-to-artist-submission-form/ and must be signed and submitted along with the digital entry.
- All digital submissions will be considered and the top 30 will be notified via email by May 10, 2023 that the piece will be part of a special exhibit at The Smith Gallery & Fine Custom Framing which will take place June 11 from 2:00 – 5:00 PM.
a. All acrylic or oil art must be submitted unframed, all photography or watercolors must be submitted as hangable.
b. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Debbie via email email@example.com or by phone at 717-774-4301.
- Physical art pieces which are chosen will need to be delivered between May 15th and noon on May 17, 2023, to The Smith Gallery & Fine Custom Framing, 190 Reno Avenue, New Cumberland, PA. No art presented after that time will be considered for the exhibit.
- Artists chosen for this exhibit will need to be present at The Smith Gallery June 11, 2023, from 2:00 – 5:00 PM at which time the winner and runners-up will be announced.
- The winning artist must agree to grant all reproduction rights to Harrisburg Magazine.
- The winning art piece will be auctioned off to benefit the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society.
- All other artists who submitted art to this contest must agree to be part of a month-long exhibition at Smith Gallery & Fine Custom Framing which opens on June 11,2023 with the art pieces being offered for sale.
Selection Process: Harrisburg Magazine will appoint a committee of judges to privately review the art pieces in person prior to the Art Show. The winner of the contest will be notified at the Art Show on June 11, 2023, and will receive $1,500 payment along with various publicity opportunities mentioned below. Smith Gallery & Fine Custom Framing, partnering with Harrisburg Magazine for this event will frame the winning piece free of charge. Second and Third place winners will receive free of charge framing for their piece, courtesy of Smith Gallery.
Delivery: The Smith Art Gallery between May 15 and May 17, 2023, by noon.
Reception: The Smith Art Gallery, June 11, 2023, from 2:00 – 5:00 PM
Publicity: First Place winning art will be featured on the cover of the August 2023 issue of Harrisburg Magazine, accompanied by a published profile of the artist within the magazine. The same art will also be reproduced for placement on Harrisburg Magazine’s 2023 “Simply the Best” award plaques. An announcement of the winner and 2 runners up will be placed in the June issue of Harrisburg Magazine. All events will be promoted via press releases and social media.
Contact: Please feel free to contact Christina at firstname.lastname@example.org